Holding the Standard for Quality ServiceJohn Padilla Plumbing Inc. is committed to genuine care, excellent services, and quality work that lasts a lifetime.
San Diego Drain Cleaning
Residential & Commercial Clogged Drain Service
Much like you need a regular physical to ensure you are healthy, your drains need to be consistently maintained for maximum function. If a drain clogs, it can lead to unpleasant smells, pest intrusion, potential pipe leaks, and other costly problems. To avoid the stress and headache a clogged drain can cause, be sure to contact our expert plumbers at John Padilla Plumbing Inc. at the first sign of a drainage issue. We provide quick, efficient drain cleaning in San Diego for both residential and commercial plumbing jobs to make the nuisance a thing of the past.
At John Padilla Plumbing, you can relax knowing that our skilled professionals are here to help your home or business run smoothly by providing drain cleaning and other important plumbing services. We understand that there's nothing more disruptive than a problem with your plumbing, which is why we're committed to quickly responding to service calls. Our dedication to customer service ensures that you'll receive quality results.
Put John Padilla Plumbing's 40+ years of plumbing experience to work for you. Call us at (858) 375-5633 or contact us online today for drain cleaning in San Diego!
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
While we all know that we should clean our drains regularly, knowing when to do it can be a challenge. Too often, we wait until a problem arises before giving our drains the attention they need. Don't let this happen to you; arm yourself with the knowledge of when to call a drain cleaning plumber.
Signs that you may need your drains cleaned include:
- Water backing up - Do you notice water accumulating in showers, sinks, or other areas of the house? It might be an indication of a clogged drain.
- Slow drainage - One of the key indications to a blocked drain is a sink that takes time to drain completely. If you see a sink full of water, it's probably time for a good drain cleaning.
- Foul smells - Do you notice an unpleasant smell coming from your plumbing fixtures? When your pipes fail to remove water and waste, it builds up in the drains, causing unpleasant smells to occur. If you notice sewage smells, it is time to clean those drains.
- Strange sounds - This indicates that you have pockets of trapped air in your drain lines. When that air releases from areas of gunk and buildup and makes its way up through your drains, the result is a gurgling sound.
4 Ways To Prevent The Need For Drain Cleaning
- Put a lint trap on your washing machine's drain line - If your washing machine is still full of water when it's done then your drain line is clogged from all the dirt and debris on your clothing.
- Consider a hair-stopper on your shower drain - Our drain cleaning experts get called into San Diego residences to take hair out of the shower drain regularly. These hair-filters are cheap and easy to install, so pick one up today.
- Throw out cooking grease and oils in the trash - It might be easy to rinse everything down the drain at once, but these sticky oils can latch onto your pipes and cause all sorts of blockages.
- Be mindful about what goes into your garbage disposal - Coffee grounds, egg shells, celery, pasta, and bones should all be thrown out in the trash if you want to avoid needing our drain cleaning professionals.
Drain Cleaning FAQ
Why should you have a plumber perform a camera inspection of your drain lines?
Camera inspections are extremely thorough and can help to not only diagnose the issue quickly within your drain lines, but it can help save you money in the long run on a drain line replacement. By performing a full camera inspection, our San Diego plumbers are taking a look at your entire plumbing system as a whole and can detect any other future potential problems. We can proactively fix anything necessary and potentially avoid larger issues down the road.
What is hydro jetting?
Hydro jetting uses the force of high-pressure water to remove debris from your plumbing pipes. The method used with hydro jetting comprehensively gets rid of grease, scale, and other types of buildup that has accumulated over time.
How often should you clean your drains?
While professional drain cleaning services are usually only required when a blockage has already formed, it is recommended you perform regular DIY maintenance on your drains to ensure water is flowing freely. Flushing your drains with a mixture of salt, baking soda, vinegar, and boiling water once per month can help prevent blockages from forming.
Are store-bought chemical drain cleaners safe?
Though they may be popular, caustic drain cleaning chemicals are harmful to the environment and can accelerate the deterioration of your pipes, as well as pose a serious burn risk if exposed to open skin. For this reason, our San Diego drain cleaning experts recommend only using natural homemade alternatives such as baking soda and vinegar mixtures to deal with mild blockages.
Why does my drain smell bad?
Musty odors are usually a sign of active mold growing under your drain cover, while rotten-egg or sewage smells may be indicative of biofilm from a clogged or dirty drain. Both of these smells can be eliminated by pouring a mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and hot water down your drains. If your drain still smells bad after this, or if the smell disappears then returns, you may have a larger problem that requires a sewer line repair.
Why are flies coming out of my bathroom sink?
Decomposing organic matter in your bathroom sink or shower drain can attract black or brown moths/flies into your home, known as "drain flies," "filter flies," and "sewer flies." While these tiny bugs are not dangerous, they can multiply quickly if you do not clean your drains promptly. If you think you have drain flies, pour a gallon of hot water down your drain to loosen any buildup and flush away any larvae that may be in your pipes. If this does not completely eliminate drain flies, it is best to call a drain cleaning plumber in San Diego for professional help.
How do tree roots cause clogged drains?
Plant and tree roots can wreak havoc on your sewage or draining system. Once they have entered your pipe through a crack or pipe joint, they can quickly spread throughout your plumbing system and cause water to drain slowly, eventually leading to a total blockage. It is best to have your pipes inspected regularly for tree roots and have your drains treated early to avoid potentially irreversible damage.
Choose Our San Diego Team for Your Drain Cleaning Needs
At John Padilla Plumbing Inc., our skilled San Diego drain cleaning plumbers use modern technology to service your drains. We offer hydro-jetting services that power through dirt and grime built up in your pipes. We do all of this with efficiency and precision, saving you time and money!
Ready to schedule drain cleaning services in San Diego, CA? Call (858) 375-5633!
“He was very professional and had the leaked fixed in no time.”
What Sets Us ApartJohn Padilla Plumbing Inc.
Locally Owned & Operated
Fast Response Times & Always Punctual
Up to Date on Training & Certifications
Honest & Upfront Pricing - No Bait & Switch