Q:Plumber Job description Journeyman LevelA:Click Here to Print Application!
Note: John Padilla Plumbing, Heating & Air is looking for an organized, experienced plumber with excellent diagnostic skills. As a journeyman plumber, you will be expected to repair, service and install plumbing systems while performing these services safely.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years relevant trade experience
- Proficiency using plumbing tools, materials and equipment
- Have own hand tools
- Understand and follow Uniform Plumbing Code and City Regulations
- Available to work on call
- Valid California driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on water (copper, PEX, galvanized, Qest), sewer (Cast Iron, ABS, DWV, Clay) and gas systems (Galvanized, PE)
- Install, repair and replace all plumbing fixtures, including water heaters, garbage disposals, shower valves, faucets, toilets, etc.
- Evaluate and clear secondary and main drain lines
- Run a trailer hydrojetter (not required but a plus)
- Inspect sewer pipes with a sewer camera and locate and problem areas
- Use electronic leak detection equipment to locate a water leak under a concrete slab (not required but a plus)
- Locate gas leaks
- Diagnose and provide estimates for repairs with labor and materials broken out
- Complete all required paperwork for each job
- Provide excellent customer service while discussing repairs, options and pricing
- Keep vans, tools and work areas clean and organized
- Must be able step up into his/her van, sit and drive from job to job.
- Must be physically able to climb steps and ladders.
- Must be able to carry up to 50lbs and be able to push/pull a dolly or equipment on wheels to transport items up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to bend, twist, squat and kneel to complete plumbing tasks.
- Must be able to perform his/her duties overhead and under counters.
- Required to use his/her hands throughout the day for driving, holding tools and must be able to twist, squeeze and turn hands to complete the tasks.
- Must be able to dig trenches or holes and use a jackhammer.
Q:Apprentice/Helper Job DescriptionA:Work Hours 8a-5p Mon-Fri
Assist Plumbers/HVAC techs with daily tasks including:
- All Plumbing & HVAC Repairs.
- Providing the plumber/HVAC requested tools, equipment and materials as needed.
- Digging trenches.
- Opening walls.
- Cleaning job sites.
- Cleaning Vans/Office upon request.
- Dumping out trash cans in the office and warehouse regularly.
- Assisting warehouse if and when requested (i.e. cleaning equipment and tools).
- Running office/warehouse/job errands.
- Request evaluation sheets daily.
- Check in and out with office for payroll daily.
- If you have idle time ask if you can help in any way and then have that person fill out an evaluation sheet. (good points for reviews)
- Aggressive/negative/rude behavior to any employee of JP Plumbing Inc.
- Using cell phone for non work-related issues during business hours.
- Refusing direct business requests from Techs/office staff (with attitude and/or negative comments)
- Being late/leaving early without authorization.
- Leaving vehicles used by you without cleaning.
- Not checking in daily with the office.
- Ordering around other Apprentices/Helpers unless instructed to do so.
- Smoking in the office/warehouse.
- Sitting in the office area unless assisting.
- Checking in LATE for WORK.