Holding the Standard for Quality ServiceJohn Padilla Plumbing Inc. is committed to genuine care, excellent services, and quality work that lasts a lifetime.
~Plumbing Service Technician~
John Padilla Plumbing is always interested in speaking with organized, experienced plumbers with excellent diagnostic skills. As a plumbing technician, you will be expected to repair, service and install plumbing systems while performing these services safely.
Why us: Camaraderie of a supportive family owned and operated team, paid medical benefits, access to 401(k) plan, paid holidays, lots of work to stay busy, take home your truck, company provided and cleaned uniforms, EXTENSIVE company provided training in all facets of plumbing.
Join an award-winning team with the highest expectations of ourselves. Our awards include: 2022 top San Diego Plumbers by Expertise.com; 2022 Customer First finalist by the Chamber of Commerce, 2022 Nextdoor Neighborhood Favorite
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Relevant trade experience
- Proficiency using plumbing tools, materials and equipment
- Understand and follow Uniform Plumbing Code and City Regulations
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends
- Valid California driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on water (copper, PEX, galvanized, Qest), sewer (Cast Iron, ABS, DWV, Clay) and gas systems (Galvanized, PE)
- Install, repair and replace all plumbing fixtures, including water heaters, water filtration units, garbage disposals, shower valves, faucets, toilets, etc.
- Evaluate and clear secondary and main drain lines
- Run a trailer hydrojetter (not required but a plus)
- Inspect sewer pipes with a sewer camera and locate and problem areas
- Use electronic leak detection equipment to locate a water leak under a concrete slab (not required but a plus)
- Locate and repair gas leaks
- Provide excellent customer service while discussing repairs, options and pricing
- Keep vans, tools and work areas clean and organized
- Must be able step up into his/her van, sit and drive from job to job.
- Must be physically able to climb steps and ladders.
- Must be able to carry up to 50lbs and be able to push/pull a dolly or equipment on wheels to transport items up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to bend, twist, squat and kneel to complete plumbing tasks.
- Must be able to perform his/her duties overhead and under counters.
- Required to use his/her hands throughout the day for driving, holding tools and must be able to twist, squeeze and turn hands to complete the tasks.
- Must be able to dig trenches or holes and use a jackhammer.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Standard 8 hour shift
- Availability to assist with on call schedule
Work Hours 8a-5p Mon-Fri
John Padilla Plumbing Apprentice
Join a company that is willing to INVEST in your development! Whether you are green or have some experience, our level 4 apprentice program will prepare you with the knowledge to successfully take on your own van.
Each stage of our program comes with clear benchmarks and expectations so you will know exactly where you stand. Passing a level earns you an immediate promotion and pay raise. And the best par is you control your own destiny! No arbitrary timelines designed to hold you back.
At John Padilla Plumbing we know our apprentices are the future of the company's success, and we treat you as such. You'll get practical training both in the field and in our in house training center.
Daily duties may consist of:
- Assisting plumber with repairs under their supervision (if they deem you are ready)
- Assist plumber with lifting equipment such as water heaters, filtration units, etc
- Provide the plumber with requested tools, equipment and materials as needed.
- Dig trenches
- Open walls following safety requirements
- Clean job site
- Clean Vans/Office upon request
- Dump out trash cans in the office and warehouse regularly
- Assist warehouse if and when requested (i.e. sorting parts, cleaning equipment and tools)
- Running office/warehouse/job errands
- Request evaluation sheets daily
- Check in and out for payroll daily
Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5
OT opportunities may be available at plumber's request